Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Giving Notice--Finding a Replacement

It's always been an interesting experience to listen in on your bosses while they are interviewing your future replacement. It never ceases to amuse me to see my bosses trying very hard to make themselves seem like normal, kind and level-headed individuals. I keep trying to remember how long that act lasted when I first started here... When did that veil come down? Was it during the first week? The second?

They tell these poor prospective employees that they need to have umpteen years experience in various aspects of law, despite the fact that they really don't practice that type of law and any experience in that regard would be completely useless.

After four years here, I know what they're really looking for in an assistant: a young girl that looks cute in a dress and will blow it off when she gets hit on by one of the partners. Drunken Christmas party anyone??

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Sonic said...

Jen-
Do I have any phone messages?
Manny F

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate eggnog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


wood tobe coburn