Sunday, November 07, 2004

Chikan!!

Well, it finally happened. I got groped on the train last night. Funny thing is, it wasn't by a Japanese guy. It was by a fucking gaijin.

Through the help of Metropolis and my friend B.'s sharp eye for ads, we found an Israeli restaurant specializing in falafel, hummus & kebabs. [which is not exactly what I think of when I think Israeli food, but what do I know?] The falafel was actually good! And not kind of good, like all the other falafel places, which were kind of good only because I've been wanting falafel so much & it's been so long since I've had some that ANYTHING resembling falafel is good to me... This falafel was actual falafel!

In mourning the election--and in celebration of the end of the week--a good amount of shitty beer was consumed. It was kind of late when I started the trek home. Of course, there were the usual sick drunks coughing and hacking on me on the Yamanote line.

When I got to Shinjuku, there were people running through the station & the voice on the intercom was probably saying that the last train was leaving soon. It's easy to get caught up in the group here and I started running towards the train. When I finally got on the train I had to wait another five minutes. Right before the doors closed about six more people crammed in & somehow I got pushed to the other side of the car. Maybe I wouldn't have been pushed so far if I hadn't been drinking, but that's pure speculation. During the push, I stumbled past two gaijins, and ended up crammed against the door.

Somewhere between Shinjuku and my stop, the gaijins ended up behind me. Had I taken my headphones out, I probably would've understood which language they were speaking. It wasn't English, it wasn't French and it wasn't Spanish, that much I know. One of them started grinding into my ass and then rubbing his crotch. I could see him reflected in the glass of the door and he was looking at me and smiling. We were coming to the next stop when I elbowed him somewhere in the gut area. The doors opened and more people shoved in and I could move away from the asshole.

When the Lonely Planet book talks about getting groped on the train, they should really make a point to tell us that it's the gaijins we need to look out for...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


wood tobe coburn