Monday, March 28, 2005

Attitude adjustment

Over the past month and a half, my attitude towards this job, and therefore, by association, this country, has been rapidly declining.

About two weeks ago I was standing outside my school on the stairs, watching a huge crow fly away with a clothes hanger in its mouth, when it hit me... I just don't love it here. When I was in Paris, I loved it. Really. I felt like I was home. Maybe that's because I was young and a little impressionable. But the fact remains that I don't love Tokyo. This is just the place that I happen to be living now. This is where a small amount of my stuff is...

I'm not sure exactly why I don't love it here... I don't think there is an EXACT reason. But I do know why my attitude has changed.

Before the New Year's holiday I had a 16 year old high school kid jack off in one of my classes. He didn't whip it out or anything, but he was definitely doing something other than scratching his balls. Towards the end of the class, he was hard and there was a small wet spot on his pants that hadn't been there before. I was alone with him in the classroom.

The powers that be at my school said they wouldn't renew his contract, said that they would get him out of my class, said that they would talk to his mother, blah blah blah. I believed them and was relieved. My last day of teaching him was supposed to February 11th. That was the best they could do. They promised me that I wouldn't have to teach him anymore. The following week, he was still in my class. They called his mother in, and ended up not only renewing his contract, but moving him into a higher class. [which would completely negate all the arrangements they had made to keep him out of my class] The gaijin trainer that I spoke to never got back to me, and in fact completely ignored me when I saw him last week. My manager now doesn't believe that it happened at all because, "Boys that age aren't thinking about that stuff." My head teacher can only shrug and say, "Yeah, well," when I bring up the fact that the manager doesn't believe me.

So my attitude took a turn for the worse on February 16th, when I found out that not only are these people, and in the grander scheme, this company, in no way concerned with me and my well being, but they also have nothing resembling integrity and will whore themselves out for money. I suppose, being an employee of said company, I qualify as one of their whores to be used as they see fit.

The worst of it is that they are now denying that it even happened.

So the way I see it, I can either keep my head down and do my job and deal with it until July, or I can tell them to go fuck themselves and go home. If I go home, I won't need an attitude adjustment. But if I stay... I'm not sure if I'll make it to July feeling the way I do now.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeke is cool:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


wood tobe coburn