Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The hunt concludes & thoughts on the regrowth of souls

The house is rented! Two [seemingly] lovely individuals have decided that my house would make a perfect home for them during their stay in [currently] rainy Tampa. A lease of my own creation was complimented upon and then signed, and money changed hands. As soon as they left my house, I jumped for joy and started laughing like a madman.

It's almost scary how everything seems to be coming together for my move to the far away land of waving porcelain kitties and Tsunamis. Okay. It is scary.

This week marks the end of a long, and sometimes painful, working experience in the world of criminal defense. I've learned how to use the internet to learn damn near anything about anybody and how to be a better criminal. I've become a better liar and a better judge of people. [is it strange that I see these as good things?]

Unfortunately, working here as long as I have has left me with the feeling that my soul has been whittled away to a nub; a shadow of its former self. Can one regrow one's soul? If so, how does one go about regrowing a soul? Or are souls like brain cells? Once they're gone, they're gone?

I guess the important part is that in getting out of this unhealthy work environment, this cancerous work environment, if you will, I will be able to at least slow down the inevitable erosion of my soul. In only a few days time I am going to jump for joy and start laughing like a madman as I run out of this place and into the great unknown. I daresay the people of this office would expect nothing less of me.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Re-grow one's soul" wow! where to start? Not just subject-wise, but person-specific. How does a person reach a point where person feels soul is degenerated/lost/dwindling ? And will a new adventure do more than postpone the inevitable, if soul is going? Not having an understanding of person's 'beliefs', other than that there IS a soul, one must choose a starting point to begin at, to understand . . . . so if there is belief in a soul, then there is, at least somewhat, a belief in 'other-than-physical' forces/energies/focal points ???

volley

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no volley ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


wood tobe coburn