Sunday, April 10, 2005

A New England

On the way home from a night of drinking, I was, to use the local terminology, packed like sushi on the train. There was a couple being very un-Japanese [ie. showing public displays of affection by touching each other in a romantic way] next to me. In fact, for two stops, I was so close to this couple that my arm was resting on the woman's shoulder because a space hadn't opened up enough to allow me to put it by my side. I was looking at this couple and starting to really get homesick when said Billy Bragg song came on the trusty I-Pod. I instantly started thinking about hearing this song while I was changing my sheets at home, exchanging one pair of T-Shirts for the next, and singing in my best British accent... I remembered being in the front row at the concert, singing with the crowd, in between a little guy [that looked more like a rat than a man] and S. I remembered driving down the interstate singing it while listening to talk radio and thereby fighting the road rage.

When the song stopped I wondered what it would remind me of when I got home...

1 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the story he told of his ride on the Ferris Wheel with Morrissey. I think Moz wanted a boyfriend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


wood tobe coburn